Aspiring entrepreneurs are the key to our future.
Listening to their ideas and supporting their projects gives them a chance to try something new, fill a gap, and impact their local communities. Our role is to provide them with initial funding and a platform for sharing, so that the whole Stardust community may become inspired by their work, make connections, and see from new perspectives.
The Stardust-Startup Factory provides financial support, in the form of $2,000 microgrants, for the innovative, inventive, and creative work of emerging entrepreneurs making positive social and environmental impact in the areas of sustainability, health, and learning.
Our focus areas represent the three most needed areas for adaptive change in our world today.
Sustainability: We strive to live in harmony with our environment and learn from it in order to help ourselves. Natural elements and resources are ours to harness if we can do it with great respect for the Earth they come from! Sustainability projects we fund explore smart solutions that promote accessibility and renewability.
- Integration of water-food-energy nexus in renewable, accessible ways
- More results with fewer products, recycling/repurposing materials
- Alternative housing solutions for affordability, accessibility, and living in balance with the environment
- Economic durability for developing communities
- Self-sustaining parts in a system (business, organization, project)
- Solutions for ecological sustainability
Learning: The value of education depends on its accessibility for all and affordability, more than anything. We all have a right to be curious, learn, and grow. Stardust values openness and transparency that cultivates this curiosity and the cooperation that allows knowledge to be shared.
- Alternative/innovative education techniques
- DIY learning, sharing ideas, design and implementation of makerspace and co-working environments
- Advancing technological literacy
- Expanding ways to make learning accessible
- Bringing new yet appropriate material to developing communities
- Inventions which expand research in a particular field
Health: We know and value the importance of health in our everyday lives. Good mental health keeps our minds stable, conscious, self-aware, curious, and positive. Our minds are connected with our bodies, which also require quality nutrition, outdoor activity, and proper body treatment of all kinds.
- Mental health: accessibility in emotional and behavioral improvement; happiness and more mindful mental attitude in personal, societal, and environmental health; mind-body connections to health
Physical health: food and nutrition awareness, affordability, and accessibility; understanding our bodies; mind/body connections to health
Because of your overwhelming support over these past 2 years, we have a new stretch goal of $50,000.
"This is an organization that cares deeply about its causes and focuses on making sure every dollar goes to make an impact in the world, in the areas of sustainability, health, and learning. Their stories are inspiring. Their impact is tangible." - Erin M
Your donations help us give twice a year to three different entrepreneurs willing to create positive social and environmental change in their communities and the world. Become part of the community today! We encourage you to set up recurring donations of $5 or $10 a month to help keep us going. Thank you for your donation!
Visit our website: starduststartupfactory.org
The Stardust-Startup Factory is recognized as a nonprofit corporation in North Carolina with Federal IRS 501(c)(3) status. It is also registered with GuideStar.